Our Coaching Support for Faculty service provides coaching for small groups to augment Reading Apprenticeship professional learning and to nurture classroom and campus transformation efforts. This coaching and consulting can be tailored to specific audiences/needs.
Coaching and consulting options offered:
Consulting is available to promote deepening of Reading Apprenticeship classroom practice, professional learning, and leadership development. Typical areas of work at this level might include:
- Assisting the team in making strategic connections to other reforms
- Strategizing to sustain and deepen Reading Apprenticeship work
- Advising on documentation of growth for faculty and students
- Planning for spreading Reading Apprenticeship campus-wide
- Involving colleagues in learning about Reading Apprenticeship practices
On-site coaching and consultation can facilitate a small group’s cycle of inquiry related to implementing Reading Apprenticeship. Typical types of support are in the form of cycles of inquiry and include options such as:
- Inquiry into literacy practices: teams share and assess student work, design responsive instruction or lessons, practice instructional routines, implement planned instruction, reflect on implementation, and set new goals
- Inquiry into literacy practices, with coaching: same as above; in addition, teachers will be observed and observe cohort members’ classroom instruction; requires two or three cycles
- Book study with Reading for Understanding: with consultant facilitation, teams read and discuss chapters of Reading for Understanding, apply to instruction, reflect on implementation, and set new goals
- Exploration of professional research: teams assess interest, select from consultant-recommended reading, read and discuss, apply to instruction, reflect on implementation, and set new goals
- Support for campus-wide professional development days: consultant may support campus leaders in presenting Reading apprenticeship to campus through keynote presentation and/or breakout workshop(s)
Location & Scheduling
Cost & Included Resources
This service is customizable and available by request at your site or as a private sessions online, please contact us for pricing and to set dates that work for your team.
After participating in this Phase 2 Reading Apprenticeship professional learning opportunity, you will be able to participate in Phase 3 services.